BSL Level 3
BSL Level 3
BSL Level 3 Course Outline
BSL Level 3 is designed to enable learners to develop their skills to communicate with Deaf people using BSL in a range of everyday situations.
The qualification will allow learners to participate in longer and more varied conversations than at BSL Level 2.
What are the Entry Requirements?
BSL Level 3 meets the learning needs of those who already have competence in BSL Level 2 and are interested in developing their skills and knowledge. Successful learners must be able to demonstrate competence at Level 3 of the UK Occupational Language Standards (Instructus 2012).
By the end of this course you should be able to:
- Good receptive skills required for this level
- Demonstrate productive skills for this level
- Able to do the formal presentation
- Able to do the conversation in two-way interactions
The qualification is divided into three units, each of which can be achieved separately. You will be taught various topics suitable for BSL Level 3 You will be doing more of the natural context of using BSL is in two-way interactions (discussions, conversations, debates etc.), as well as one-way interactions (monologues, presentations etc.).
If you are successful in passing BSL level 3 assessment, you can progress to the next level.
To see the full course breakdown and Signature qualification specification for this level, please click on the following link https://www.signature.org.uk/british-sign-language
Due to the current Coronavirus restrictions, we are unable to confirm classroom sessions just yet.
However, if we are able to introduce this course again, we would hope to start sometime in September 2021 and the course will be held in either Weston-Super-Mare, Bristol or Bath.
If you are interested in potentially joining our classroom sessions, please click ‘Register Interest’ below and fill out the relevant form.
We will add any updates here when we can.
- Are you struggling to find a local class, or do you prefer to learn online? Our BSL Level 3 online course could be the option for you
- Weekly online classes via Zoom Conferencing with a qualified, highly experienced Deaf BSL Teacher
- Regular homework tasks to expand your receptive skills
- One to One tutorials as part of the course package
- Free 12-month subscription to the Signworld BSL Level 3 and Intermediate Fingerspelling package (www.signworldlearn.com)
- Day/Time: Wednesday evenings – 6pm – 8pm
- Course Date: 6th September 2023 – 26th June 2024 (36 weeks)
- Cost: £960 (incl VAT)
- Assessment Fee: £159 (currently)